Author Topic: Recent add-on  (Read 435 times)

Offline Vince

• Alberta, Canada
Recent add-on
« on: September 03, 2017, 06:31:59 AM »
Iv'e been looking for some time now for a fairing/windshield for my '78. My criteria was not to take away from the style that the bike was originally intended to appear. I looked at the Vetter Windjammer series but it would have made the bike look "bulky". I found a photo of a Dunstall Cafe "Half Fairing" and thought it looked really cool, but i don't have a drag bike. Perplexed by the many styles and sizes out there, I didn't want to purchase something that latter, I would be dissatisfied with! It just so happened that my son-in-law had removed a Memphis Shades "Classic Deuce" from his Harley Sportster. Long story - short, I liked it!

Offline RogelioPol

• Austin, TX, USA
Re: Recent add-on
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 11:54:48 AM »
Did you end up buying the windshield, Vince? How does it look like? I'm considering getting one too for my bike so I'm curious.

Offline jimmer

• Administrator
    • Wichita KS./ Asheville N.C. USA
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 12:33:56 AM »
That actually looks great on there! Beautiful bike!👍👍👍👍👍

Offline Vince

• Alberta, Canada
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:18:44 AM »
Thanks Jimmer. Anxious to get riding, but we've had an unusually cold spring here on the prairies (-10c /+14f). Last year at this time I was enjoying a cold one on the deck! So RogelioPol, that windshield was given to me by my son-in-law, but I see online they are around the $200 mark. Memphis Shades makes them in 6 colors and in clear. Very durable product with heavy chrome mounts.