Author Topic: 73 TX500 Resto  (Read 11931 times)

Offline mvluv13

• Brisbane Australia
Re: 73 TX500 Resto
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2017, 08:16:45 AM »
I have an original factory manual and that is the same procedure outlined.
Thanks for the reply, I'll stick with the procedure and hope the later released tensioner solves the problem.

Offline mvluv13

• Brisbane Australia
Re: 73 TX500 Resto
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2018, 09:15:44 PM »
Thought I would update the thread. Replaced bent valves and installed nos updated cam chain tensioner and she has been running great. Also bought a left switch block to replace the broken light switch stalk.
On a couple of rides on hotter days I would lose the right cylinder. After stopping and doing the usual checks she would come back to life so determined it was temp related.
On a particularly hot day I thought I would go for a run and try and find the peoblem. Sure enough 15 mins into the ride I lost the right cylinder.
First thing I did this time was look at the Newtronics module as it has leds to indicate an input from the optics. Nothing from the right.
To cut a long story short I had another set of optics which I replaced in and she runs great regardless of temp.
In other news my 2t project is nearly finished. Paint is being done which I had a photo update on a couple of days ago.