Author Topic: The Baba Yaga  (Read 2537 times)

Offline The_775

• Sparks, NV
The Baba Yaga
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
So starting on a new project for the winter...this is the first time I have named a bike.  The name comes from the movie John Wick...evidently it's the person you send to kill the boogyman; nice.

I have some experience converting stock bikes into bobbers; 74 Honda CB360, 82 Suzuki GS1100...fun projects.  This is the first one that I think I am keeping for myself. 

The bike currently is completely torn down, frame stripped and painted.  I painted the frame silver; don't know if I like it yet.  Just got done cleaning the motor yesterday; I think I took 5 pounds of dirt and muck off of it. 

Started tinkering with the shocks this morning; first attempt at installing new seals, oil, etc.  Needless to say, I got a little stuck.  The manual indicates to remove the cylinder mounting bolt; yep, it just spins.  It goes on further to says if this happens I need to make a special tool; kind of out of my scope.  Might have to send them off to the shop to employ their expertise.

Wheels are out to be powder coated red.  I always liked the wire spoke wheels; great look to them.

I'll get some pictures up of the frame painted silver; interested to get some feedback on it...not 100% sold on the color.

Pretty much everything I took off to the bike is in great shape (minus the seat; just needs recovered).  I'll get up another posting to see if anyone is interested in any of it.

Off for now.

Offline mvluv13

• Brisbane Australia
Re: The Baba Yaga
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:57:45 AM »
Looks in pretty good shape, interested to see how the colours come together.  Any work needed on the engine?