Author Topic: Starter is working! LORD have mercy though I still need help. RH blue/black?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline dailydose1

• Lebanon
Hi guys!

I rewired my entire bike today! What a learning experience it has been but a blast none the less! I keyed on the power and got a small electrical fire out of the blue/black wire on the RH controls which I thought was ground and had wired as so? Am i doing something wrong there?

On another note I have a black wire coming out of the starter hole, is that ground? Same with by where the alternator wires come out?

Offline dave835

• Nevada , U.S.A.
Dailydose1 ,
 Blue/black goes to the headlight dimmer switch (left grip) .
 Is the black wire you mention heavy gauge ? If so , it goes to the starter solenoid . It may be to the neutral switch if it's a small one . that would be near the alternator wiring .
 Do you have a service manual ? Sounds like you need one !
                                                                                               Dave .

Offline dailydose1

• Lebanon
I have a service manual but my wiring diagram, ill have to look again, does not mention any blue/black wires at all. Its not even on yhe color legend which is why i was so confused. But ill look again and gwt back to you

Offline dave835

• Nevada , U.S.A.
Dailydose1 ,
 I am looking at a wiring diagram for 74/75 models . The blue/black wire is coded LB . Shown at " right handle switch/light" .
                                                                        Dave .

Offline dailydose1

• Lebanon
Well that confirms it, im an idiot. Sorry for the dumb question

Offline dave835

• Nevada , U.S.A.
   The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask , that get you deeper in trouble for not knowing the answer !