Author Topic: Hello hello, and a project 73' TX500  (Read 485 times)

Offline mittennorth

• Michigan
Hello hello, and a project 73' TX500
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »
Hello there, I've been a member for a little while now but had not taken the opportunity to post.  I've got a 1973 TX500 that I've been working on since last summer, slowly but surely.  Right now the remaining hurdles are the front end rebuild (fork springs, brake caliper, replace brake lines with stainless), tires/tubes, and finishing the carb rebuild.  I've attached a picture of the bike prior to starting work on it.  Thanks for having me!

Offline guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
Re: Hello hello, and a project 73' TX500
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 12:03:17 AM »
Welcome. That looks like a really nice unmolested 73! I see you have a Maxim or Virago next to it too. Keep us up on your progress.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"

Offline anveville

• France
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:47:46 AM »
Hello Mittennorth!

Welcome here!

You should have all information needed.

Beautiful bike!

Keep us informed...

Offline mittennorth

• Michigan
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:56 PM »
There's actually both a Maxim and a Virago in the picture, nice call guylr! They belong to some friends of mine who are also working on project bikes. Right now we've moved to another friend's garage, which left the Virago behind put added three CB750s of various years. So it's always fun getting together on the weekends we're able to do a group garage night.  The TX is in fair condition, ran when I bought it but needed some work.  I'm keeping most of it intact looks-wise, changing out the exhaust, grips, mirrors, and some other minor aesthetic things.  Just updating what I imagine sat in a barn for a long time without any love.