Author Topic: Carb issue  (Read 128 times)

Offline nk140

• Indiana
Carb issue
« on: July 02, 2018, 02:23:08 AM »
I just rebuilt my 73 motor.  I got the bike running but it runs very rich.  I found that I had the air jets reversed.  I swapped them and I still have a rich condition but now I also have an issue that the bike will run and idle at 1200 rpms with full choke(plungers are pulled up).  If I turn the choke off the rpms will increase to around 5k rpms.  Also any touch of the throttle without choke the bike will die.  Any thoughts?

Offline nk140

• Indiana
Re: Carb issue
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 03:12:05 AM »
Also some more information.  I am running my floats at 24mm.  No airbox yet because the bike is still in the process of being buttoned  up.  I am also running stock jetting and mixture screw at 1 turn out.  The carbs have yet to be synced.  I was trying to get it to idle well before syncing.

Offline nk140

• Indiana
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 12:16:47 AM »
Found my issue.  I was pulling the choke ever so slightly past its ball stop.  I guess that little bit willl really mess with the fueling.

Offline mvluv13

• Brisbane Australia
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »
Good to hear you found the problem. I am constantly playing with carb settings and I still haven't found the sweet spot.

Offline nk140

• Indiana
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »
I have only been on a short ride in my neighborhood so I will bet I am far from having it tuned properly