Author Topic: Clutch question  (Read 350 times)

Offline Onlyboards

• Carbondale, CO USA
Clutch question
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »
Hey everyone maybe everyone can tell me if I'm reading this diagram wrong.

there was a post back in 2013 about a clutch question and crouchyuk posted this picture and description:

"Clutch pushrod is the shaft circled left, and the end is concave because it engages with a ball-bearing in the centre of clutch push lever circled right.  The adjuster and locknut arrangement bear on this ball-bearing from the other side when you adjust the clutch at the engine end- the bit under the chrome cap.  You can just see the ball-bearing in the photo.  It should stay in there as the tube is staked over, but they can drop out when the cover is off and render the clutch inoperable."

Offline Onlyboards

• Carbondale, CO USA
Re: Clutch question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:33:58 PM »
my question is this.  the description of the picture indicates a ball baearing on the pushing side of the rod, but in the actual factory diagram it clearly indicates the ball bearing at the other side of the push rod (closest to the clutch basket).

are there a two ball bearings, one on both sides?  thnx for any input.

Offline Onlyboards

• Carbondale, CO USA
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »
here is the other half of the pushrod diagram. 

Online guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 12:45:22 AM »
Yes there are two balls. One goes in as in the diagram between the pushrod and the  short mushroom that pushes on the pressure plate. The other is in the push screw assembly.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"

Offline Onlyboards

• Carbondale, CO USA
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 07:58:10 AM »
That's exactly what I needed to know Guy.   Thnx for the input.   I figured it was part of the assembly...just wanted to make sure because it doesn't indicate in the diagram. And I did t want to pull the cover again.    I did however lose the 5/16 ball on the clutch basket side and that was where I was getting my slack.   50 cent ball bearing at ace hardware and my clutch works like a dream now!    Watch that ball bearing everyone...it'll get away from ya!!!