Author Topic: TX500 shock absorber dimensions  (Read 163 times)

Offline ken01

• Western Australia
TX500 shock absorber dimensions
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:50:50 AM »
If anyone is feeling kind enough and if they have an OEM rear shock absorber of a TX500, could I ask for the measurement between centres of the mounting points and the width of the top and bottom mounting points...

Thanks

Ken

Offline ken01

• Western Australia
Re: TX500 shock absorber dimensions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:31:11 AM »
Okay.. so I discovered on a previous post the the measurement from centre to centre of the top and bottom eye is 320mm

But can someone help me out with the width of the top and bottom eye of the rear OEM shocks for the TX500 - XS500B please?

Cheers

Ken 

Offline CoyoteFord

• Ontario Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 06:29:40 PM »
The diameter of the mounting eye? They are rubber bushed 

Offline ken01

• Western Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »
Hey mate

Looking at the shock absorber face on… the bushes sit in an eye at the top and bottom of the shock absorber.

Looking at it three dimensionally (height, length and width)…. I know the diameter (which is height and length), but what I need is the ‘width (depth)’ measurement of the top and bottom eye.

Just to explain why I am chasing this… my bike has a set of unknown brand aftermarket shock absorbers on it, which it has had since I picked it up…. The springs are too wide on them, and to fit, the top eye has been spaced outwards and a reduced head nut has been fitted to the bottom.

I want to order a good set of shock absorbers for the bike. Order the ones I want, I have to provide three measurements. I do not have a set of factory TX500 shock absorbers to obtain the following measurements.
1.   Measurement between centres of the top and bottom eye – which reading an earlier post, suggests this measurement is 320mm
2.   I/D of the bush (which is easy enough, as it is the same as the nominal O/D of the mounting lugs)
3.   The width (depth) of the eye (which the bushes sit in)

As mentioned, I don’t have an original set to measure so I don’t know if measurement ‘3’ is the same for the top and bottom eye, or if they are two different measurements.

So I’m hoping that someone one here with a TX500, 500A or XS500B, that still has the original shock absorbers would be kind enough to provide me with the top and bottom measurement.

Regards

Ken

Offline ken01

• Western Australia
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 08:59:33 AM »
Okay, to make it a little easier, I have attached a photograph (I think) which I liberated from google of an OEM shock absorber for a TX500, 500A, XS500B, on which I have marked the two measurements I am chasing... If someone with with an original shock absorbers would be so kind as to quickly put a rule against theirs and give me the two measurements (A & B), I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks

Ken

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:01:46 AM by ken01 »