Author Topic: starter clutch more of the same tx trouble  (Read 1398 times)

Offline nk140

• Indiana
Re: starter clutch more of the same tx trouble
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 03:25:20 PM »
Hi there the repair kits compose just the springs , pawls and caps and are a fraction of the cost of an entire assembly. You just need to separate the clutch to fit them though I am sure you have considered this.

I bought the parts for $40 USD from the UK.  The entire assembly was too much at $200.

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 04:13:39 PM »
The repair kit method worked for me so I think this is the best move keep us posted on how you progress. Also be aware that the pawls will move out of even a new or repaired assembly when it is taken off the shaft and say you were to shake the clutch assembly but are kept in place securely by that central shaft when assembled.The newer springs etc in the kit cure the rattle . My repaired starter clutch is working well so I am sure yours will too .

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »
hi again just thought I would post a picture of the correct tool (flywheel puller) for the removal of the rotor as the gear puller method is not ideal . The taper on the end is essential to lift the rotor from the recess on the shaft.

Offline nk140

• Indiana
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 02:27:14 PM »
I got a motion pro flywheel puller on saturday and it looks similar to that picture you posted.  Flywheel came right off