Author Topic: starter clutch more of the same tx trouble  (Read 2170 times)

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
Re: starter clutch more of the same tx trouble
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
Hi Callaghan I hope all is working well for you . I can think of a few possible things to think about one being that now I recall that I at first put my clutch back together with the sprocket the wrong way round. I then put it the right way after checking my photos of the disassembly. Maybe this would explain the broken collar if yours had been put together wrong by a previous owner. Also I had the same problem with the position of the woodruff key being on the lower end of the shaft so that it kept falling out when trying to refit the flywheel. Then I thought well all the timing for the balancer , valves and ignition timing are all set and would not be effected if I rotate the engine with just the flywheel off. So I turned the engine so that the woodruff was at the top so that gravity was on my side . It all went back easily and works . I hope that this will help anyone else doing this job .

Offline guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
Thank you for the helpful post.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"

Offline marcoxjr

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »
Hallo to anybody... i have same issue.
Where can i found correct kit?
I tryed on yambits.com but there isn't.
Thank's for the help!

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »
Hi there as you say the kits for the xs500 have disappeared from yambits site . The parts are listed on Babbitts site in the US under starter motor unit you will need pin dowels , caps and springs . Three of each is required  - good luck