Author Topic: starter clutch more of the same tx trouble  (Read 2729 times)

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
Re: starter clutch more of the same tx trouble
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
Hi Callaghan I hope all is working well for you . I can think of a few possible things to think about one being that now I recall that I at first put my clutch back together with the sprocket the wrong way round. I then put it the right way after checking my photos of the disassembly. Maybe this would explain the broken collar if yours had been put together wrong by a previous owner. Also I had the same problem with the position of the woodruff key being on the lower end of the shaft so that it kept falling out when trying to refit the flywheel. Then I thought well all the timing for the balancer , valves and ignition timing are all set and would not be effected if I rotate the engine with just the flywheel off. So I turned the engine so that the woodruff was at the top so that gravity was on my side . It all went back easily and works . I hope that this will help anyone else doing this job .

Offline guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
Thank you for the helpful post.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"

Offline marcoxjr

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »
Hallo to anybody... i have same issue.
Where can i found correct kit?
I tryed on yambits.com but there isn't.
Thank's for the help!

Offline lumpy252

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »
Hi there as you say the kits for the xs500 have disappeared from yambits site . The parts are listed on Babbitts site in the US under starter motor unit you will need pin dowels , caps and springs . Three of each is required  - good luck

Offline marcoxjr

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2020, 08:33:47 PM »
Hi nk140 I got the repair kit from yambits.co.uk though mysteriously this particular one item REL004 is no longer showing on the site. However item REL003 looks identical and fits the xs400 and many others. If you just do an eBay search for xs500 or tx500 starter clutch repair kit there is one there for the xs500b so that should fit a tx500 .
Any body can confirm that REL003 can be' fitted on tx500? Because im Buing by yambit.co.uk.
Thank's
Marco

Offline lumpy252

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2020, 09:50:14 PM »
Hi Marco sorry I cannot confirm this is compatible as I have not tried it though it looks the same. I did find the box that my REL 004 (yambits code)came in which was actually a tour max part SCJ-904. If you cannot locate this then the Babbitts site in the US is worth a look for the individual parts (possibly just the springs would fix it) .

Offline lumpy252

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 10:04:53 PM »
I am now looking at the tour max prt and cannot see it listed as fitting the tx or Xs 500 but just the xs400 and others.

Offline lumpy252

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2020, 10:21:55 PM »
Hi again so I have just cross referenced the part numbers for an xs500b with an Xs400e and they are the same on Babbitts site so the tx500 and xs500b check out as being the same as the  xs400  for the parts needed in the starter clutch repair kits. They should be ok then to use REL 003 from yambits , let us know how you get on .

Offline lumpy252

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2020, 03:25:49 AM »
Hold that sorry REL003 has different springs but the same dowels and caps as REL004 turns out the xs400e I cross referenced with was the only one that was the same as the tx500 . That is why yambits do not offer REL003 for this bike but do list it for later versions of the xs400 and many others.

Offline marcoxjr

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2020, 10:59:51 AM »
My friend i Just bought rel003 Before read your last messale..  :(
We will see when will arrive... in case i can use the new springs bought by  sodeman industries...from Danimarca.  Are just little differents but fit quiet good... unfortunally was notte a finally solution..for this reason i bought full kit non.
Il let You know as i finish the work.

Offline lumpy252

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 01:02:33 PM »
Oops can you not cancel with yambits ? I had to do some further checking untilI found that if the kits fit the 535 virago or fz600 then the springs are different.

Offline lumpy252

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2020, 10:45:50 AM »
PM sent  :)