Author Topic: Wheel help needed!!!  (Read 65 times)

Offline 76xs500cafe

• Ohio
Wheel help needed!!!
« on: August 09, 2019, 03:12:21 AM »
So im rebuilding my bike and the last hurdle is putting my rear bearings together. It appears im missing pieces, all I have is the axle and rear bearings and two seals that came with the new bearings. From the diagram pictured im missing some stuff. I really dont want to buy another rim just for a few pieces, does anyone know where i can get these peices???
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 03:15:07 AM by 76xs500cafe »

Offline guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
Re: Wheel help needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
Have you gone on eBay and searched for the part numbers you need?  The spacers are separate parts from the wheel and may show up there. If you list them here someone may have what you need.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"

Offline 76xs500cafe

• Ohio
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 11:59:43 PM »
I did some research and found out on a XS650 there is a spacer collar that goes inbetween the bearings on the rear. Is this the same rim as a XS500? Theres a place called xs650 central that has them for $26. Guylr, i looked on ebay and all i can find is axles, it looks like my only option is to buy a whole rim and hope the parts im missing are still usable :( if anyone on here has these parts please let me know!!!

Offline guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »
The 650 and 500 use different wheel assemblies. The rim is the part of the wheel the tire fits on. Have you looked at Babbits online part lists to find the part numbers you need? That's how you can compare parts from one model to another.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"