Author Topic: New Canadian member. Here's my turbo franken chopper  (Read 103 times)

Offline Turboxs500

• CALGARY
New Canadian member. Here's my turbo franken chopper
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:21:49 PM »
Hey everyone, new member here from Alberta, Canada. Picked up an xs500 a while ago that was a pile of parts and a hardtailed frame with plans to just pull it apart and learn a little without having to mess with my daily rider. Ended up deciding to take a bunch of random scraps laying around or used parts I found online and try to build something unique. So far it's ended up with a virago tank, Dirtbike forks, an aftermarket k04 turbo from an Audi, an old Harley ducktail fender and a toe clutch/axe handle shifter. Currently trying to sort out a different rear wheel with a disc brake set up, find a reliable oil filter relocation/conversion kit and a clutch replacement or even just a good source for OEM clutch plates and springs. I'm excited to hear everyone's questions and complaints and to dive into the forum and dig up whatever useful information is on here!

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
Re: New Canadian member. Here's my turbo franken chopper
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 03:59:27 PM »
Turboxs500 that is a wonderful piece of engineering and fabrication , though it is outrageous as well (no doubt what you were going for). You would be a brave man to press the turbo button. Anyhow check out the membership deals section for oil filter adapters they are top notch .