Author Topic: Hello and thanks  (Read 76 times)

Offline YellowXS

• UK
Hello and thanks
« on: March 23, 2020, 07:54:39 PM »
Hello,
Iím not sure if my first post has arrived on the forum, so Iím trying again . I have a 1978 XS500E  It has 8,000 miles done and is painted in ďKing KennyĒ  Daytona Yellow with black speed blocks . It still has the original exhaust. Thanks to the forum I have serviced it and bought the oil filter adaptor, parts book and workshop manual. I have rebuilt the charging system using new old stock items and also rebuilt the brakes and carbs and adjusted the balance chain and cam chain. The bike is surprisingly smooth. So thanks to this forum I have put this machine back on the road.  So itís hello and many thanks for all the information that is on here .
Sorry if the first attempt has been posted I couldnít see it.
Thanks  YellowXS  ( West Country UK )

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
Re: Hello and thanks
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 08:18:01 AM »
Hi YellowXS do you have a picture of your bike? The pics do need to be reduced down to an acceptable size for this forum to use however. I remember that colour scheme from the time . As you say you are already using the information on here so you will know the value of the knowledge available. Welcome aboard .....  :)

Offline YellowXS

• UK
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:28:57 PM »
Hi , I only have pictures on my I Phone as I donít use a PC . I have tried to send one by selecting it on my photo gallery, selecting small size and pressing the attachment section on the forum page . The picture of the machine appears in the preview,but when I press ďpostĒ nothing happens .
Sorry .

Offline lumpy252

• Market Drayton Shropshire UK
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:44 AM »
Thatís ok I am a bit of a late computer migrant myself . All the best to you  :)