Author Topic: Thoms August 2012  (Read 2179 times)

Offline berniebee

• Administrator
    • Ottawa, Canada
Thoms August 2012
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »
Apologies for the delayed August BOM post.  I moved to a new place and had issues with my computer/ISP service setup. -Bernie

Here's Thom!

"This bike had been one of those projects that runs away with you... I swear, it's fought me the whole way. The red bike is how it looked when I got it. The deal was, mine was three only one of 3 with a title, gotten all for $500. It wasn't what I was looking for, but who can pass up a deal like that?

I started out with little stuff. I bought a later-style tank from Jimmer.

Some Mikuni carbs, clipons, a fiberglass Ducati seat,all bolt on stuff.

Then it got crazy.

I made a headlight rock guard and battery tray from screen I make at work.

I fit rearsets from a Honda Hurricane and a rotor from an FzR600 with the caliper from said Hurricane using a custom machined adaptor.

A Newtronic ignition, an updated mount for the oil filter, raised the back end 3 inches (then went back to stock height when the chain rubbed the top of the swingarm...)

All kinds if of problematic mods. The rearsets required me to "z" the kickstart, as well as make my own rear brake linkage. I'm still working on that.

Tyre head is also being swapped out, since the original is cracked... Right now, what you see is as far as I've gotten, but it will run yet this year!"

Offline deadpresident

Re: Thoms August 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
Hey, I really want to say thanks for this! It means a lot to me that someone likes what I'm doing with this bike! Can't wait til I can show y'all the finished product!