Author Topic: Newtronics ignition YAM3  (Read 25954 times)

Offline jimmer

• Administrator
    • Pisgah Forest, N.C. USA
Re: Newtronics ignition YAM3
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2015, 06:23:43 PM »
I would contact them for a replacement under warranty.

Offline CrouchyUK

• Administrator
    • Brigg, Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2015, 08:58:30 PM »
Centre of the cutout is at 90 degrees as you suspected Nat....

1975 Honda CB200T (2) - 1975 Yamaha XS500B (2) - 1976 Yamaha XS500C
1977 Yamaha RD400D - 1977 Yamaha XS500D - 1978 Honda CB550K - 1980 Honda CB400N
1980 Honda CB900FA - 2000 Kawasaki ZX6-RG2 - 2002 Suzuki GSX-R1000K2

Offline Nat

• Fremantle, Western Australia
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2015, 01:37:02 AM »
Thanks Crouchy, much appreciated. Wouldn't have gotten this far without your help.

Will see if I can find somebody that can weld that for me. Will also contact Newtronics, but I need the bike running for a local showing on the 25th...

Must post some pictures of the finished bike.
1973 TX500
Moto Guzzi Breva 750

Offline Nat

• Fremantle, Western Australia
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:18 AM »
Just a little update, got the rotor soldered properly here and also received a replacement from Newtronics. All in time for next weekends show.

Just went for a ride to make sure all is good. Very pleased with the difference the electronic ignition makes, so much smoother and more responsive. I am glad now that I persevered with the system, only took a year......
1973 TX500
Moto Guzzi Breva 750

Offline dvdhrry

• Georgia, United States
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2015, 06:53:41 PM »
Apparently their goodwill on replacing these bad rotors is over....  I bought a second hand kit, new in the box and the rotor was in two pieces.  I sent a request for a new one throught their wep page form and it was about ten days before I got an email from them saying they would mail me a new part for 35.  I replied saying I am a member of this forum and it was well documented that these rotors were defective and everyone else said they got a rotor free of charge and I felt that I should be extended the same courtesy. 

It's been two weeks since I replied to that email and have not evern received the courtesy of a reply. 

Too bad there isn't an alternative, I'm not impressed with their product support...

Offline dannyvzon

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »
Does anyone have the troubleshooting page for the newtronics ignition.
If i use the strobo light i get on both sparkplug cables the right fire on the
Plate. So if i'm correct they both fire on the fire point of the right cylinder.
Left cylinder stays colder then the right cylinder aswell.

Offline fbsinpe

• MN
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2017, 01:02:57 AM »
I recently installed my newtronics kit on my 75 tx500, annndd I am not getting any spark. I put the engine kill switch from on to off and momentarily get spark, but that is the only case I can get spark whatsoever. The outside two lights on the newtronics module are on as well. Has anyone has a similar problem or point me into a sense of direction?

Offline CallaghanWilliams

• Winston-Salem NC
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »
I recently, with the help of a friend who knows more than me, found that the rotor plate has broken loose on my newtronics unit. Thankfully because of you guys, and the fact that I have a TIG welder in my garage. I think I can put it back together and make it run again. Here's to hoping.

Offline CallaghanWilliams

• Winston-Salem NC
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2019, 12:39:25 AM »
UPDATE!

I had another buddy come by tonight, if only to help cast some positive waves around in the garage. I welded the rotor back onto the tubing, and reinstalled it. Better but still not running, I read somewhere in the forums that somebody put the rotor on 180 deg. out and so I flipped it 180 sprayed a little starting fluid in the carbs and THE BEAST LIVES!!

It still needs some tuning, but thanks to you guys I have a starting point (no pun intended) instead of being completely in the dark.

NOTE: to anybody taking the assembly apart, make sure to mark where the tubing on the rotor is in relation to the advance mechanism.

Cheers.  ;D

Offline nk140

• Indiana
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
UPDATE!

I had another buddy come by tonight, if only to help cast some positive waves around in the garage. I welded the rotor back onto the tubing, and reinstalled it. Better but still not running, I read somewhere in the forums that somebody put the rotor on 180 deg. out and so I flipped it 180 sprayed a little starting fluid in the carbs and THE BEAST LIVES!!

It still needs some tuning, but thanks to you guys I have a starting point (no pun intended) instead of being completely in the dark.

NOTE: to anybody taking the assembly apart, make sure to mark where the tubing on the rotor is in relation to the advance mechanism.

Cheers.  ;D

I have put the rotor in 180* out before.  It took forever to figure that out.  Glad you got it sorted.