Author Topic: Rookie saying hi!  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Ryan

Rookie saying hi!
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »
Hey! I'm a rookie rider who just bought an XS500D. My previous experience is with vintage two-stroke mopeds, but I've been looking to graduate to a bigger bike for a while now. I got this bike a few days ago, and I'm just now getting my feet wet. I'm thrilled to see that this forum exists, (especially the manuals) and I'm sure I'll be bugging you all with questions down the road.

We're going to stay stock for now but I am going to try to pretty it back up. Anyone have any lines on new seat covers? Also, are those mirrors stock? They seem a little ugly for stock.

Offline guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
Re: Rookie saying hi!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »
Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum. Great to see more young riders coming on board. Your bike looks about the same as mine did when I got it at the end of last Summer right down to the torn seat cover. Look for pictures of "Marge" in my early posts and you'll see what I mean. It's a lot prettier now and runs great so yours can too.

Post your Frame number, month/year of assembly if the decal is still readable and I'll get your bike in the registry.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"

Offline jimmer

• Administrator
    • Pisgah Forest, N.C. USA
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 02:01:49 AM »
Very clean and nice looking.Welcome.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 06:54:17 AM »
Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum. Great to see more young riders coming on board. Your bike looks about the same as mine did when I got it at the end of last Summer right down to the torn seat cover. Look for pictures of "Marge" in my early posts and you'll see what I mean. It's a lot prettier now and runs great so yours can too.

Post your Frame number, month/year of assembly if the decal is still readable and I'll get your bike in the registry.

Guy

I'm away from the bike but I'll get you relevant info for the registry in the next two days. I saw your bike in the BOTM section; looks great! I have some cleanup to do to get to that point! Wish me luck...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »

Guy

Frame is 1J3-101421, DOM is 6/76

Passed safety inspection today!

Offline guylr

• Administrator
    • ATL in the USA
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:36:45 AM »
Ryan, your bike is in at #91!

Folks, we're getting close to the 100 bike mark in the Registry. Maybe #100 should get the BOTM award.

Guy
Now Retired Yamaha guy. Cut me and I bleed "Cinquasia Red"

Offline Ryan

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:03:44 AM »
Dang, I shoulda waited!