FAQ: How To Manually Adjust A Power Commander 3 On A 2005 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe?
- 1 How do I manually adjust Power Commander 3?
- 2 How do I reset a Power Commander 3?
- 3 How much horsepower will a power commander add?
- 4 Will a power commander lose its map?
- 5 How do I adjust my power commander?
- 6 How do you adjust a DynoJet Power Commander V?
- 7 How do I add maps to Power Commander 3?
- 8 How do I reprogram my Power Commander V?
- 9 What does a Power Commander 3 do?
- 10 Do I need a power commander for Quickshifter?
- 11 Is a Power Commander bad for your bike?
- 12 Do you need to dyno tune a power commander?
How do I manually adjust Power Commander 3?
To adjust the buttons on your Power Commander III, follow the instructions below:
- With the ignition off, hold down all three buttons on the Power Commander III unit.
- While still holding down the buttons, turn on the ignition and start the bike.
- Release the buttons.
How do I reset a Power Commander 3?
Power Commander III: How to Reset a PCIIIUSB
- Connect it to the software and power it up using the 9-volt adapter.
- Once you have communication established, go to the “Tools” menu and select “Environmental Options”.
- A window will appear that has a black rectangular button at the bottom that reads “Reset Power Commander”.
How much horsepower will a power commander add?
The Power Commander is a tuning tool to adjust fuel, and on some models ignition timing. Just adding a Power Commander to a completely stock vehicle usually does not increase peak horsepower. It usually will improve drivability, throttle response, and mid-range horsepower and torque.
Will a power commander lose its map?
No, all Power Commanders utilize a nonvolatile memory (it does not require constant power to maintain it). The only way a map can be “erased” is to use a computer to load a new one in place of it.
How do I adjust my power commander?
Hold down all three buttons on the face of the Power Commander unit and turn on the bike’s ignition. Release all the buttons once the engine is idling normally. The Power Commander manual recommends waiting approximately 20 seconds before making any adjustments.
How do you adjust a DynoJet Power Commander V?
In the PCV software go to Power Commander Tools > Calibrate > Gear position. Put the bike in first gear, and let the rear wheel spin while the bike idles. Click the Calibrate button for gear 1. Next, shift the bike into each higher gear, and repeat the process, clicking on the Calibrate button for that gear.
How do I add maps to Power Commander 3?
Clicking on the “Open Map File” button will bring up this window. Click the map file you wish to open. The notes for that map file will be displayed in the lower notes area. After a map file is opened, click on the “Send Map” button to send the map to the Power Commander.
How do I reprogram my Power Commander V?
Anyway, here’s how to reset the unit. They only last about 10 minutes.
- Under “Tools” menu, select the “Environment Options” menu.
- The “Environment Options” dialog opens.
- At the bottom of the Environment Options box, the “Reset Power Commander” button will now appear.
- Click the “Reset Power Commander” button.
What does a Power Commander 3 do?
The Dynojet Power Commander plugs inline with your bike’s stock fuel injection system. It uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) style connectors making installation easy and quick. The Power Commander III USB allows a full range of fuel adjustment, as much as +/- 100% over stock.
Do I need a power commander for Quickshifter?
DynoJet Research Press Release: This new stand-alone unit allows any vehicle with up to 4 coils to have quickshifter functionality without the need of a Power Commander.
Is a Power Commander bad for your bike?
Power Commanders do not harm your bike. They don’t “trick” the OEM ECU. It is nothing more than a piggyback ECU.
Do you need to dyno tune a power commander?
yes you need a powercommander for a dyno tune. That is what they tune that controls how much fuel is pumped into your engine. You also should install block off plates. It may help with some of the popping as well.