Question: 2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic How To Read Codes?
- 1 How do I get the code off my Harley?
- 2 Does Harley Davidson have OBD2?
- 3 Why is my check engine light on my Harley?
- 4 How do I reset my Harley ECM?
- 5 What is a Tssm?
- 6 Can you run diagnostics on a motorcycle?
- 7 Can you use a scanner on a motorcycle?
- 8 How do I identify my Harley engine?
- 9 How do I fix code P0051?
- 10 Why does the engine light stay on?
How do I get the code off my Harley?
Distinguish between historic and current codes: For times when you want to clear the displayed code to see if it’s historic or current, press and hold the odometer reset button for over five seconds until “clear” shows up. Once the “clear” text appears, release the reset button and turn off your bike’s ignition switch.
Does Harley Davidson have OBD2?
Some motorcycle brands like Harley Davidson have implemented on-board diagnostics across all their models for many years now. The diagnostic port on Harleys is not a standard OBD2 port. So you need to use an adapter to connect the diagnostic port on a Harley to an OBD2 scanner.
Why is my check engine light on my Harley?
According to Harley, the most common reason for a check engine light to trigger is a loose gas cap. The oxygen sensor will actually trigger the check engine light if it detects abnormalities with the way your engine is burning fuel, Harley said. However, a faulty oxygen sensor can also trigger the check engine light.
How do I reset my Harley ECM?
Harley Davidson Touring: How to Reset Your ECM
- Step 1 – Turn run switch on. Before you start the reset procedure, be sure your run/stop switch is turned on.
- Step 2 – Turn ignition on and off. With the run/stop switch on, turn the ignition on and then off three times.
- Step 3 – Turn run switch off.
What is a Tssm?
Acronym. Definition. TSSM. Two-Spotted Spider Mite.
Can you run diagnostics on a motorcycle?
If your bike has an onboard computer, it has a diagnostic port to check for potential problems. And if it does have an OBD-II port, you can easily access it with computer software or a wireless dongle and an app, RevZilla reports.
Can you use a scanner on a motorcycle?
Essentially, many motorcycles conform to the CAN BUS protocol they just don’t have an OBDII connector, they will have their own proprietary connector and you can buy converters for the various manufacturers that do support the protocol standard and use your OBDII scan tool to retrieve information.
How do I identify my Harley engine?
Look on left side of the engine case for the engine number. Harley engines that were made before or in the 1960s have the model year of the engine as the first two numbers of the engine number, which acts as a VIN. Look for a four-digit production code in the last four digits of the VIN.
How do I fix code P0051?
What repairs can fix the P0051 code?
- Replacing bank 2 sensor 1.
- Fixing the connection issues and reattaching the connectors.
- Repairing any open or shorted wiring.
- Replacing the heater circuit fuse.
- Replacing the ECM.
Why does the engine light stay on?
The check engine light may stay on steadily or it may flash when the vehicle is accelerated. This is very serious. There is a severe failure of the emission control system that is causing the engine to misfire to the point that the catalytic converter is damaged each time the check engine light flashes.