Question: How To Replace The Ecm And Sync To The Tssm On A 2007 Harley Davidson Softail?
- 1 Where is the Tssm on a Harley?
- 2 How do you reprogram a Harley ECM?
- 3 How do I reset my Harley Davidson Tssm?
- 4 What is a Tssm?
- 5 What does the ECM do on a Harley?
- 6 How do you reset a motorcycle ECU?
- 7 What is the ECM on a motorcycle?
- 8 How do you check the codes on a Harley Softail?
- 9 How do you test for Tssm?
- 10 How do I know if my Harley has security?
Where is the Tssm on a Harley?
The TSM / TSSM / HFSM is located in the bottom of the battery tray. From under the rear fender and just in front of the rear tire, push the TSM / TSSM/ HFSM up through the battery tray.
How do you reprogram a Harley ECM?
How do you reset the ECM?
- turn big switch off & on 5 times with in 10 seconds.
- With the “kill switch” on the handlebars set to the run position turn the big ignition switch to the run position for 10 seconds and then turn it off and count for another 10 seconds.
How do I reset my Harley Davidson Tssm?
Press and hold left switch down for five seconds, and light will flash twice to indicate the TSSM is reset. Turn ignition to off.
What is a Tssm?
Acronym. Definition. TSSM. Two-Spotted Spider Mite.
What does the ECM do on a Harley?
Flashing the ECU / ECM – Your Engine Control Unit (ECU) also referred to as the Engine Control Module (ECM) is the computer that controls key functions related to your engines performance such as your Air / Fuel Ratio (A/F), variable valve timing, etc.
How do you reset a motorcycle ECU?
How To Reset?
- Turn OFF the engine, and unplugged the ECU from your bike.
- Remove the -ve and +ve wires from the battery terminal respectively and leave it for 10-15 minutes (some says only -ve would do ) Well, you decide?
- Plug the ECU back to your bike, reconnect the wires to the battery terminal.
What is the ECM on a motorcycle?
An engine control unit (ECU), also commonly called an engine control module (ECM) is a type of electronic control unit that controls a series of actuators on an internal combustion engine to ensure optimal engine performance.
How do you check the codes on a Harley Softail?
To get the DTC within an area of diagnostics, push and hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC’s the code will be displayed or the word “none” will appear if there are no DTC’s. Push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes if they exist.
How do you test for Tssm?
To diagnose the TSM/TSSM observe the behavior of the turn signals.
- Set Run switch to Run – –
- Turn Ignition key On-Off-On-Off-On-Off-On and then toggle the Left Turn Signal switch twice. – –
- Turn Ignition key Off-On Verify the Check Engine lamp and Security Lamp illuminate briefly and then turn off.
How do I know if my Harley has security?
Registered. One way to tell for sure is to determine whether your bike has a Turn Signal Module(TSM) or a Turn Signal Security Module(TSSM) installed. TSM = no security system TSSM = security system. On the side of the module there should be a sticker with a H-D part number.