Question: What Is The Harley Davidson Anti Theft?
- 1 How do I know if my Harley has a security system?
- 2 What is the default Harley security code?
- 3 Are Harleys easy to steal?
- 4 How do you activate a Harley-Davidson security system?
- 5 Can a locksmith make a Harley Key?
- 6 Why is my Harley asking for a PIN number?
- 7 How do I disconnect my Harley battery without alarm?
- 8 How do you start a Harley Davidson without the key?
- 9 What motorcycles get stolen the most?
- 10 How do I keep my motorcycle from being stolen?
How do I know if my Harley has a security system?
Registered. One way to tell for sure is to determine whether your bike has a Turn Signal Module (TSM) or a Turn Signal Security Module(TSSM) installed. TSM = no security system TSSM = security system. On the side of the module there should be a sticker with a H-D part number.
What is the default Harley security code?
By Bikers For Bikers. VIDEO-If your Harley Davidson is equipped with a factory installed alarm then you really need to immediately change your security PIN code. Harley puts a standard factory preset PIN code and it is usually 31313.
Are Harleys easy to steal?
Harley® is the fifth most likely motorcycle type to be stolen. Thieves love to ride off on a Harley, but they’re less likely to do so than other bikes for a couple of reasons: Harley® has upgraded their anti-theft technology, so bikes are harder to steal and easier for the owner to track if they are stolen.
How do you activate a Harley-Davidson security system?
To arm the system: When the motorcycle is parked and the ignition key is turned to OFF, the Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System arms automatically within five seconds if no motion is detected. Upon arming, the turn signals will flash twice and the optional siren will chirp twice.
Can a locksmith make a Harley Key?
Can a locksmith make a Harley Davidson key? Yes. Most locksmiths can originate a new key for your bike within minutes.
Why is my Harley asking for a PIN number?
If you have a security-equipped Harley-Davidson, you know that without your key fob present, the bike will not start. Using the left turn signal to cycle through the digits and the right turn signal to select and move onto the next slot, you enter your personalized five-digit PIN and your bike will start.
How do I disconnect my Harley battery without alarm?
Re: How to remove the battery without alarm going off? Have the Fob near the bike and turn on the ignition then turn it off. This should reset the alarm.
How do you start a Harley Davidson without the key?
STARTING YOUR HARLEY-DAVIDSON WITHOUT YOUR FOB! Immediately hold both turn signal indicators until FIVE dashes appear in the odometer gauge. Select the first digit of your PIN (a) by pressing the left turn signal button (a) times. Press the right turn signal switch one time to move to the next digit.
What motorcycles get stolen the most?
10 most stolen motorcycle brands in 2019
- Genuine Cycle.
- KTM Sportmotorcycle AG.
- TaoTao Group Co. 2019 thefts: 1,610.
- Kawasaki Motors Corp. 2019 thefts: 4,641.
- American Suzuki Motor Corp. 2019 thefts: 4,686.
- Harley Davidson. 2019 thefts: 4,737.
- Yamaha Motor Corp. 2019 thefts: 6,495.
- American Honda Motor Co. 2019 thefts: 8,122.
How do I keep my motorcycle from being stolen?
How Do I Protect My Motorcycle From Theft
- How To Prevent Motorcycle Theft.
- Lock Your Steering Lock.
- Keep Your Lock Off The Ground.
- Lock Your Motorcycle To Something Heavy.
- Use Multiple Locks On Your Bike.
- Buy Quality Locks And Chains.
- Install A Hidden Kill Switch.
- Park Your Bike In A Well-Lit Location.