Quick Answer: How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Harley-davidson Key Fob?
- 1 Can I replace my Harley key fob?
- 2 What happens if you lose your Harley key fob?
- 3 Can a locksmith make a key for a Harley?
- 4 How do you start a Harley Davidson key fob?
- 5 How do I get a Harley Davidson key made?
- 6 What kind of battery does a Harley key fob take?
- 7 How does Harley key fob work?
- 8 Are Harley keys universal?
- 9 What do you do if you lose your key fob?
- 10 What to do when you’ve lost your keys?
- 11 How long do Harley key fob batteries last?
- 12 What does the key light mean on my Harley?
- 13 Are Harleys easy to steal?
Can I replace my Harley key fob?
Replacement key fobs can be purchased and assigned for your motorcycle by a Harley-Davidson dealer. A unique number is attached to a tag on the key fobs. Write your key fob number in the space provided in the front of this manual.
What happens if you lose your Harley key fob?
If you have a security-equipped Harley-Davidson, you know that without your key fob present, the bike will not start. If your bike has security, as well as the fob it can have a backup PIN. It will be a five-digit number that your local dealer can change or set for you using the Digital Tech system.
Can a locksmith make a key for a Harley?
Yes. Most locksmiths can originate a new key for your bike within minutes. However, it may cost more than purchasing a key from your local Harley dealer, due to the trip charge, labor and parts.
How do you start a Harley Davidson key fob?
STARTING YOUR HARLEY-DAVIDSON WITH YOUR KEY FOB
- Choose a five digit code (with each digit being 1-9) Keep this somewhere safe!
- With your assigned FOB present, turn ignition key ON – OFF – ON – OFF – ON.
- Press left turn signal indicator two times.
- Press right turn signal indicator one time then release.
How do I get a Harley Davidson key made?
Just passing thru. Bring your title into Harley dealer they can cut you a key or get you a key code that a locksmith can use to make you your key. Remove ignition lock or secondary lock (helmet or gas tank or seat lock) take it to a locksmith and they will make you a key.
What kind of battery does a Harley key fob take?
1. Insert a five cent coin or similar size blade into the thumbnail slot on the side of the FOB to separate the two halves. 2: Remove the old battery and discard. 3: Install a new battery (Size 2032) with the positive (+) side facing down.
How does Harley key fob work?
With an assigned fob present, the system automatically disarms when the ignition key is turned to IGNITION. When the module disarms, the optional siren will chirp once and the key icon will illuminate for a solid four seconds and then turn off.
Are Harley keys universal?
No they are not unique either. Other people have a key just like yours. It is a good idea to record the number the plastic. If you ever lose your keys you can have Harley make you a copy from that number.
What do you do if you lose your key fob?
If you lose it: You could call a locksmith, who can come and make you a new key on the spot. In some cases—an unusual or older vehicle—a locksmith may not be able to help. You might need to buy a new ignition lock cylinder and key from the dealer or an independent repair shop.
What to do when you’ve lost your keys?
Keep reading to learn what you should do.
- Contact your insurance company. This applies to both lost or stolen house and car keys.
- Call the police.
- Change your locks.
- Watch out for locksmith scams.
How long do Harley key fob batteries last?
HD recommend that you replace the battery in your Harley-Davidson key FOB every 12 months.
What does the key light mean on my Harley?
The red “key” light is telling you that the security system is operational. The fact that it goes out after you start it up means that the security system is disarmed.
Are Harleys easy to steal?
Harley® is the fifth most likely motorcycle type to be stolen. Thieves love to ride off on a Harley, but they’re less likely to do so than other bikes for a couple of reasons: Harley® has upgraded their anti-theft technology, so bikes are harder to steal and easier for the owner to track if they are stolen.