Quick Answer: How To Identify Harley Davidson Part Numbers?
- 1 Where is the OEM part number on a Harley-Davidson?
- 2 How do I identify my Harley-Davidson model?
- 3 How do you read a Harley-Davidson serial number?
- 4 How do you tell if a Harley is a CVO?
- 5 What Harley models are FLH?
- 6 What does FLHR mean on a Harley?
- 7 Which is better Dyna or Softail?
- 8 What Harley models are being recalled?
- 9 What does my Harley VIN number mean?
- 10 How do you read a motorcycle engine number?
- 11 What is special about Harley CVO?
- 12 Does Kawasaki own Harley Davidson?
- 13 What is Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle?
Where is the OEM part number on a Harley-Davidson?
The best way to find original equipment manufacturer parts numbers for Harley-Davidson motorcycles is to visit Harley-Davidson.com, click For the Bike from the main navigation bar, and then select the desired part. The next page lists the corresponding OEM part number on the left-hand side of the screen.
How do I identify my Harley-Davidson model?
This number can be found on the left side engine case. Harley models produced prior to 1969 do not carry any frame number. 1962 – 1969
- First two numbers are the model year.
- Letters (2-4) are the model designation.
- The last numbers are the production run number.
How do you read a Harley-Davidson serial number?
Look on left side of the engine case for the engine number. Harley engines that were made before or in the 1960s have the model year of the engine as the first two numbers of the engine number, which acts as a VIN. Look for a four-digit production code in the last four digits of the VIN.
How do you tell if a Harley is a CVO?
If your Harley-Davidson is an Anniversary Edition, Special Edition, Screamin’ Eagle Edition, or CVO Edition, you’ll know it. You should be able to see at a quick glance some trim, a badge, or even just an inscription on the paint of the gas tank letting you know that this motorcycle is something special.
What Harley models are FLH?
The Harley-Davidson FLH model has had three major incarnations, the Hydra-Glide, Duo-Glide and Electra-Glide.
What does FLHR mean on a Harley?
FLHR. Harley- Davidson Road King motorcycle model.
Which is better Dyna or Softail?
While both the Dyna and the Softail are great bikes to ride and have a lot of accessories available, the Softail has more. The Dyna is more balanced and is best at making corners and steering in traffic. It is also best suited for riding two people up while the Softail is best only for one rider or a lighter load.
What Harley models are being recalled?
Bikes. The NHTSA issued a recall that includes all Model Years from 2008 to 2011 of the Touring, CVO Touring, and VRSC motorcycles outfitted with ABS.
What does my Harley VIN number mean?
Every Harley Davidson car has a unique identifier code called a VIN. This number contains vital information about the car, such as its manufacturer, year of production, the plant it was produced in, type of engine, model and more. The VIN also allows a user to get a build sheet of Harley Davidson.
How do you read a motorcycle engine number?
Interpreting the Engine Serial Number
- Look at the first four digits before the E. These digits represent the motorcycle model number. The last character represents the year of the particular model.
- Read the seven digits after the dash. These digits convey information regarding the engine casing.
What is special about Harley CVO?
Special features for the CVO lineup have included performance upgrades from Harley’s “Screamin’ Eagle” branded parts, hand-painted pinstripes, ostrich leather on seats and trunks, gold leaf incorporated in the paint, and electronic accessories like GPS navigation systems and iPod music players.
Does Kawasaki own Harley Davidson?
Kawasaki Motor Company, LTD. is the parent company of Harley -Davidson Motor Company (as of now…
What is Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle?
Screamin’ Eagle® Performance Stage Kits take performance to the next level with increased acceleration and improved passing power when compared to stock bikes.